The Turning Point Northern Lights Retreat with Bodhi Jeffreys & Hanna Snorradóttir
|Early Bird Discount Registration||€1,498.00||(Available from March 1, 2018 to May 31, 2018)|
|Registration||€1,698.00||(Available from June 1, 2018 to July 27, 2018)|
Join us in the beautiful Northern Lights setting of Sólheimar Ecovillage in Iceland for 5 days of joyful, restorative, inspiring tranquility.
The Turning Point is designed to help generate true, lasting, beneficial change in at least one major area of our lives — allowing us to live up to our potential and be free to experience more joy, lightness of being and groundedness, deeper connection and greater fulfillment.
In this 5-day retreat we will learn to better connect with the wisdom that is always present within us, visit amazing sites of natural beauty, and have opportunities to sing and dance.
For the most part, we know what to do and what not to do with regard to taking care of ourselves, our families and the environment. Then why do we so often act in ways that are out of alignment with what we know to be in integrity, wise, loving and just plain ol’ common sense?
Do we just lose sight of what the intelligent, wise and heartful thing to do or say is? Do we get triggered into reactivity, lose control and find we're unable to stop ourselves? Do we consciously ignore what we know to be the "right thing to do?" And how could we keep doing this even after we see the negative or hurtful impact of our words and actions?
- How much joy and satisfaction could we experience if we truly lived from our wise and loving hearts
- What kind of world could we help create for ourselves, our children and families, our communities, for animals and the natural world around us, for many generations to come?
In The Turning Point Retreat we will deepen our awareness and enhance our capacity to perceive more clearly. We will dissolve patterns and beliefs that have blocked us from showing up as great human beings and living fully.
Utilizing movement and dance, embodied visualization, creativity exercises and more, we will explore the relevance in our lives of the Nordic myth — The Tree of Life — a sacred symbol of balance, expansive awareness, and the interconnectedness of all life.
Here's What Else You'll Get
Morning Storydancing Sessions
In addition to the core of The Turning Point described above, Hanna will be guiding us to relax into our bodies, to let go of "business as usual." Becoming more connected with our bodies is an imperative aspect of transformation as it makes it more than just an intellectual experience. Waking up to our heart's intuitive wisdom is most powerful when grounded, in the body. This is part of what makes change real and lasting.
- Hanna will connect us with the wisdom of the Tree of Life through movement, dance and visualization
- From this place of interconnectedness, we will experience 'moving' with our intuition
- Bodhi will guide us in ways to clearly sense our heart's deep wisdom
- Together, we will explore ways in which to better flow in life — living from our heart's wisdom — in a very real and grounded way
Reconnecting With Nature – Discovering Spectacular Iceland
So many of us have lost our connection with not only key aspects of ourselves, but with nature herself. Taking advantage of our inspiring setting, we will engage in beautiful sacred ceremonies to reconnect with the purity of nature, and the purity within each of us.
We will be visiting:
- The grand waterfall Gullfoss
- Geysir and the wonderful geothermal area around it
- The Earth Chakra power-center Thingvellir — a mystical place with its great canyon, waterfalls and cliffs — and its story as the first place of parliament in the Nordic countries (and filming location for Game of Thrones)
- Kerið – a colorful volcanic lake
- Fontana spa in Laugarvatn
Living in the Heart of Sólheimar Ecovillage
The retreat will be held at Sólheimar Ecovillage (which is worth a visit on its own!) Sólheimar is the oldest intentional community in the world and they have been pioneers in working with people with disabilities and biodynamic farming since the 1930’s. For more info: www.solheimar.is
Our accommodations at Sólheimar will have:
- Shared rooms with two beds
- Small biodynamic grocery shop, a café, a church and an art house
- Outdoor swimming pool
- And hopefully, magnificent “northern lights”!
Hanna Snorradóttir is a former environmental engineer who is passionate about sharing the ancient wisdom of the old Nordic myths.
Through her transformative Storydancing workshops, she helps her participants obtain deep connection with their heart's wisdom through storytelling, dance, movement and visualization.
She inspires her participants to have the courage to follow their heart's wisdom and to bring that into the world — for the common good. www.storydancing.com
Bodhi has been exploring consciousness from an early age. Following a profound spiritual awakening, he has been guiding people through their own awakening process as a consciousness teacher, awakening and sacred living coach and conscious business mentor.
Bodhi has a Ph.D. in transpersonal psychology and served as a CEO of nonprofit organizations for 20 years. He has also been a university faculty member, as well as a professional songwriter & musician.
Registration & Practical Information
Registration for the retreat is limited to 12 participants.
- Early Bird Price (through May 31, 2018): €1,498
- Regular Price: €1,698
The price for the retreat includes:
- All workshops
- 4 nights accommodation (shared room with two beds)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transportation from Reykjavik to Sólheimar on the morning of September 30, 2018
- Transportation from Sólheimar to Reykjavik in the afternoon of October 4, 2018
- Amazing excursions to Gullfoss, Geysir, Thingvellir and Kerið volcanic lake.
The price does not include:
- Your flight to and from Iceland
- Travel insurance (including cancellation insurance)
- Hotel or Airbnb on days before or after the retreat
- Entrance to Laugarvatn Fontana Spa
- Entrance to the volcanic lake Kerið
Flexible Registration Options
For your convenience, we are offering two ways for you to reserve your place at the retreat.
OPTION #1: RESERVE YOUR SPOT BY PAYING IN FULL (1-Payment Option)
- To qualify for the Early Bird Discount Registration price, pay the full registration of €1,498 no later than May 31, 2018.
- For those registering after May 31, 2018, pay the full registration of €1,698 no later than July 27, 2018.
OPTION #2: PLACING A DEPOSIT TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT — (2-Payment Option)
You can reserve your spot by first submitting a deposit of €749. Once you’ve made your deposit:
- To qualify for the Early Bird Discount Registration price, the balance due of€749 (for a total of €1,498) must be paid no later than May 31, 2018.
- For those paying after May 31, 2018, the balance due of €949 (for a total of €1,698) must be paid no later than July 27, 2018.
Refund & Cancellation Policy
To cancel your participation in the retreat you must do so in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your registration is not cancelled until you receive confirmation from Hanna.
Cancellation For Those Who Have Made Deposits
- If you have paid a deposit and cancel before June 15, 2018, 50% of the deposit paid, less actual credit card fees will be refunded.
- If you have paid a deposit and cancel after June 15, 2018, no refund of the deposit paid will be provided.
Cancellation For Those Who Have Paid Their Registration In Full
- If you have paid your full registration and cancel before June 15, 2018, 75% of the full registration fee paid, less actual credit card fees will be refunded.
- If you have paid your full registration and cancel between June 15, and July 27, 2018, 50% of the full registration fee paid, less actual credit card fees will be refunded.
Cancellation Info Relevant To All Who Have Registered
- No refund will be provided for any cancellation requests made after July 27, 2018.
- No refund will be provided if a participant, for any reason, do not attend the retreat or leaves the retreat early.
- If the organizers must for any reason (volcanic eruption, illness, world events, death, etc.) cancel the retreat — you will receive a full refund of the registration amount you submitted.
Transfer of Retreat Registration
Under certain circumstances, and at the sole discretion of the organizers, a retreat registration may be transferred to another person for a fee of €100. Additionally, the participant would be solely responsible for any costs related to travel changes.
Travel & Cancellation Insurance
You may want to check with your insurance provider about Cancellation Insurance and Travel Insurance options for your protection. We recommend participants get these types of insurance to cover the cost of the retreat in case any circumstance causes cancellation.
The organizers cannot be held responsible for any expenses that may occur due to the participant's lack of travel or cancellation insurance, including any circumstance in which the organizers must for any reason (volcanic eruption, illness, world events, death, etc.) cancel the retreat. (Force Majeure)
When one holds a retreat, one never knows if the timing and location will work well for people. We have chosen this beautiful location in Iceland and are certain those who attend will love it. In care for you, we suggest that you wait until July 30 to buy your flight to ensure that a sufficient number of participants have registered for the event to move forward. We are confident this will be the case and will notify participants when the retreat has filled up so that you can buy your flight tickets at the earliest possible date.
Please make sure to arrive in Iceland no later than September 29, 2018 as we will only provide transportation to Sólheimar Ecovillage early in the morning on September 30. Also, please make sure your flight out of Iceland is on October 5, 2018 or later, as we will be transporting you to Reykjavik by the evening on October 4, 2018.
How To Pay For Things In Iceland
You can pay with a Visa, Mastercard and Diner’s Club card everywhere in Iceland. Please note that the vast majority of establishments in Iceland do not accept American Express.
Passport & Visa
A passport valid for 3 months beyond the length of stay and issued within the past 10 years is required.
If you travel from the EU or USA, you do not need a visa when going to Iceland.
For any questions about the retreat, please contact Hanna:
Tlf. +45 60939302
The Turning Point set me free!Self-Injury Counselor Medford, Oregon
Bodhi, The Turning Point set me free! I suffered for so long, never able to get past the fear and out of my own way to do my dream work. Now when I cry it's in gratitude that I am being the best of me with my wife and kids, and that I get to contribute to the world with this work I love doing. Endless gratitude.
I was ready to face the truth about myself, and thanks to The Turning Point, I have grown exponentially.Carlsbad, CA
The Turning Point changed my life. Because of what I learned I was able to let go of something that has had me by the tail for most of my life. Having the tools I learned in The Turning Point is what made the change successful and relatively painless. I was ready to face the truth about myself, and thanks to The Turning Point, I have grown exponentially.